Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10, 2012

A Spiritual Practice for Lent and Holy Week

Trailing clouds of glory do we come
from God, who is our home...
Those shadowy recollections,
be they what they may,
are yet the fountain light of all our day.
W. Wordsworth, 1807

As we have moved through this season we have prayed all through the day. Now, at Easter, you may put them together and frame the whole day in words of prayer. This week:upon waking in the night.

Deliver me from this day.
Free me into the night.

May the dark envelop me
in peace.
May the quiet grace me
with contemplation.
May the stillness give me
wisdom.

Take the fretting away.
Restore me to
the breath of life
that is the beginning of all creation.

Teach me to breathe
and to love the world.
For you first loved the world
and I am your wakened child.    Amen.


The Rev. Dr. Catherine Faith MacLean

No comments:

Post a Comment