Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012


Hush! Somebody’s callin’ my name …
God whose Voice calls my name, I pray this afternoon
            for all who look for friendship
               and crave the wonder of your presence;
            for each one who seeks comfort
                and needs the support of faith;
            for the city around me
                and the wonder of community.
God whose Voice calls my name, I pray this evening
            for friends who need a word of reassurance
               that even in rough times you are never far away;
            for families who could do with a word of love
               to call them back to hope and trust; 
            for souls who crave a word of love
               to speak the serenity on which they can rebuild their lives.

God whose Voice calls my name, I pray this morning
     for each person who needs a “wake-up call” to better living
         that they may receive it with grace;
     for our governing bodies and responsible neighbours
         that we may act in compassion & with community-minded vision;
     for the single moments of each day
         that are truly the crucible for our ethics and behaviour.

Amen.

Blessings,


The Rev. Dr. Catherine Faith MacLean

No comments:

Post a Comment